Reginald Manyara M
Manyara Reginald Mworia is a Senior Associate at Kamotho Njomo & Company.
Manyara has extensive experience in constitutional and human rights matters, commercial litigation, criminal matters, family and children matters, alternative dispute resolution and conveyancing.
Confidential leading insurance company in Kenya: has successfully prosecuted over five hundred (500) suits (between March 2020 and February 2023) brought by the insurance company under the doctrine of subrogation to enable the insurance company to recover its outlay from owners of third party vehicles and their insurers.
Confidential client: successfully stopped the indefinite suspension, illegal drug test and imminent disciplinary proceedings against a student of a leading university in Kenya by filing a petition in the Constitutional and Human Rights Division of the High Court at Nairobi.
Confidential client: was part of a team advising an international bank based in the Republic of Somaliland in a software installation contract worth USD 726,000.00.
Confidential client: was part of a team that negotiated an out-of-court settlement for two individuals who had been unfairly terminated from employment on grounds of redundancy.
Confidential client: was part of a team that prosecuted a claim filed in the Employment and Labor Relations Court in Nairobi where an individual had been unfairly terminated from employment on grounds of pregnancy but guised by the employer as termination on grounds of poor performance.
Confidential client: advised and acted for a charitable institution in the acquisition of property.
Confidential client: formulated and oversaw the implementation of a child protection policy for an institution that works with children and youth with intellectual disabilities.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Kenya.
Educational and professional qualifications
- Admitted, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- LLB, University of Nairobi
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Associate, Kamotho Njomo & Company, 2022 to February 2023
- Associate, Kamotho Njomo & Company, 2020 to February 2022
- Trainee Lawyer, Dentons Hamilton Harrison & Mathews (formerly Hamilton Harrison & Mathews), 2018 – 2019
- Legal Assistant to Commissioner Lawrence Murugu Mute, African Commission on Human and People’s Rights (ACHPR), Banjul, Gambia 2016 – 2017
- Legal Assistant to the chairperson of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), Maria Soledad Cisternas, Geneva Switzerland, 2016
- Legal Assistant, Orione Community Training Centre, 2015 – 2019
Manyara Reginald Mworia. ‘Case Review: Criminal Appeal No. 17 of 2014 on the Capacity of Persons with Mental or Psychosocial Disabilities to Consent to Sex’, (East African Law Journal: Special Issue on Disability Rights, 2016/2017) p96-101
Available at: https://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPagehandle=hein.journals/easfrilaj2016&div=12&id=&page= (Accessed on 15th January 2018)